Thursday, October 05, 2006

pre-thanksgiving thoughts

It’s Thanksgiving here this weekend, a unique north American custom, but since it is colder here, the harvesting is done earlier than south of the border, where their holiday is near the end of November. Nevertheless, northern turkeys abound, as do northern pumpkins, so similar meals appear on the tables. Here I was out checking out the pumpkins, thinking perhaps I’d break down and do something with one this year, when I spotted a young lady, quite well endowed, not that I was looking, but it was hard to not notice, given the tight top and spillover that was visible to all. She was standing there , holding two relatively small pumpkins, asking all and sundry if they thought they were big enough, but instead of holding them by the stem, she had them turned so that the stems faced the passersby- so imagine, here she is hefting these round, firm, pumpkins with the stems aimed toward you and just behind them is her chest. A liberal translation of her conversation was “ What do you think of these two, are they firm enough, do you think they are big enough, do you think they would look good?” Well, I just about split myself laughing – her boobs were bigger and I’m sure every guy in the place was just as bad as I was, thinking, more than a mouthful is a waste, but sure yes they were firm enough looking, and yes they were big enough, and I think they would look good. And if she kept bouncing them in her hand much longer, someone would start drooling. I busied myself looking at cantaloupe and oranges instead. I dared not pick any up, fearing I’d be rolling on the ground, gasping for breath. Cookies seemed like a good idea. I’ll go back tomorrow to pick out my pumpkin. Maybe there will be nice ripe tomatoes on sale. As long as she is not back checking out zucchini.

1 Comments:

Blogger Sean Carter said...

Hey for cool Thanksgiving suggestions and ideas check out this awesome Thanksgiving Blog. You'll find many radical ideas and suggestions....so don't miss out the fun!!!!

2:53 AM, October 23, 2006  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home