Thursday, June 22, 2006

friends in need

Just when I had my days cleared for a pleasant and exciting couple of days being played with and playing, life lifts its ugly head and  bites you in the ass so instead of getting spanked, I spend two days going to funerals, reminding me of how short life can be sometimes and how lucky some are to live so long and enjoy so much and others have their life cut short. So unfair. So sad.  

I guess the lesson is to enjoy every moment, take the time to enjoy your friends, take the time to give and to receive, and never, never forget your friends. They help so much and just give when you need it, and what else can you do but give to them when they need you. I am glad I was able to help my friend. I am exhausted but I think I have helped.

And playing can always be rescheduled once the crisis passes and life starts to return to normal – but  not too long now. Who knows what might happen.

Smiles. It is summer. And I have friends.  

1 Comments:

Blogger charles said...

Hi Alan...you were there for your friend...that will never be forgotten. Life is difficult at times...but what is most important is that we rise to the occasion and be exactly what our friends need when they are in their crisis. Thank you for who you are my friend. Love, Katie*

*chuck's wife

4:00 PM, June 24, 2006  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home